How to do beach hair
We love everything about the beach, from the grains of sand that fits snugly between our toes, to the constant rush of waves of the sea breeze running through our hair but to keep that effortlessly stylish beach hair, here are some perfect products for holiday essential and hints and tips to get that sexy loose tousled waved aka beach hair.
Most people have some sort of natural wave to their hair, and a professional salt spray is the secret to getting the perfect beach look; Salt spray works well on pretty much most hair types, from thin, straight, thick and especially curly, salt spray adds volume and help create that ‘I just got off the beach look’
Alterna bamboo style boho waves tousled texture mist.
Suitable for all hair types providing strength and shine this light weight texturizing mist gently defines hair in soft beach like waves.
Wella Ocean Spitz
Create the beach look with irresistible chunky texture infused with salt and a blend of polymers, making roughened up enviable beach waves without leaving the hair feeling stiff or crunchy, delivering soft hold definition to waves and gives straight styles a chunky tousled feel.
Kms California Hairplay sea salt spray
Adding fullness and texture to your hair with a light hold. Formulated with grape, peppermint and sea salt, this light pump spray is designed to give beach like style, allow you to work rough style into your locks with flexible movements whilst giving a matte finish for tousled hair.
L’Anza Healing style Beach Spray
Formulated with the keratin healing system, creating tousled windswept hair styles with natural waves and separation. UVA, UVB and UVC filters provide essential sunscreen and protection from thermal styling equipment.
This light weight highly versatile, mineral styling spray, infused with sea salt crystals adds body and texture to layers leaving a matte finish.
Tigi Catwalk session series salt spray
Gives a light pliable hold to your hair, this texturizing spray controls frizz and fights humidity. Spray onto wet hair to get beach like effortless waves, with a lightweight, flexible hold
There is no right or wrong way to creating that beach bohemian wave, but now you have the low-down on the product front here’s a few different technique ideas to achieve that sexy beach wave, whether your on holiday or at home!
Most Salt Sprays work best on towel dried hair; Spray through the hair evenly concentrating more on mid length and ends, but keeping in mind that less is always more.
- Firstly try diffusing the hair, cupping up the ends of your hair up to the head with a scrunching action using a medium heat to ensure hair dries evenly and prevent from going frizzy; also try diffusing hair upside down to get added volume.
- Use a curling iron to polish up a few random pieces but try not to go crazy, less is more!
- For a more tighter wavy look try spray onto wet hair then braid into a long plait and let hair dry throughout the day.
- To achieve a longer loose look, spray lightly onto dry hair, wrapping hair in two inch sections around a large- barrel curling iron leaving ends, so give a more of an undone look, making curls looks less defined. Rake hands through hair to break curls up.
- Try spraying onto wet hair and twist the hair into a bun and when you open up hair will be wavy or curly depending on the natural structure of your hair.
- Even go “au natural’ and try and spray onto wet hair and let the sea breeze do all the hard work for you, every now and again just give hair a bit of a scrunch to add more definition.
- Don’t have a diffuser? Not a problem trying twisting chunks of sections and dry with the hair dryer from root to tips for pretty beach waves.